Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Project #1- Interlocking Jump Ring Earrings

So after going through my remaining bead supplies and comparing what I had to the materials needed for some of the projects, the options for what I should make as my first project were rather slim. Luckily, I had an abundance of jump rings to use, so most of my first projects may be rather focused on jump rings.



Materials Used:
1) 24 silver-toned 6.5mm jump rings
2) 2 Silver toned French ear hooks
3) 2 silver toned head pins
4) Two beautiful beads of your choice :) (I used a textured rectangular bead that has a bit of a twist in the outer glass, with a black inside and a sparkly, copper swirl mixed in. Not sure where I got them, but it was probably years and years ago)

Looking at the picture of the project in my book, it didn't look too difficult, especially since I had worked with jump rings before. Though if you haven't worked with jump rings before, you may find it frustrating at first trying to open and close them, and to interlock so many! It definitely gave me a headache. This is a fairly simple project to make a nice, simple pair of earrings for someone who doesn't have a lot of beading experience, not to mention, fairly inexpensive to make as well.

Difficultly level: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment